Monday, September 20, 2010

And So It Begins...

Where does one begin a blog?  I suppose the simplest method would be an introduction.  "Hello, my name is Josh, and I'm a blogger."  It may seem strange to introduce myself in an AA-esque manner, (Is that even a word?  Oh well, it is now.) but in truth, my addiction to writing has brought me here.  Let's face it.  I'm a Facebook junkie.  In the past few months, I've found posting on Facebook to be almost as routine as eating breakfast, taking a shower, or doing laundry.  Perhaps more so, however, because those other things are done once a day.  Facebook, on the other hand, has become an hourly attraction for me.  Every mundane detail of my life has been documented in detail in the annals of my Facebook account.  But while it is an effective way to share little day-to-day experiences, I often find my thoughts much too numerous and extensive to be condensed into a simple 420-character post.  Also, I've become concerned that such repeated postings are likely a source of aggravation for some of my friends.  I need to find a more effective method of expressing my opinions, ideas, and thoughts, and perhaps a blog would be a good solution.

The decision wasn't solely my own.  I'm also starting this blog under the recommendation of a few good friends.  They seem to think my writing ability and way of thinking is something worth sharing with others.  I have my doubts about that.  While those close to me may take an interest in my ramblings, I'm not sure other members of society will find them as entertaining.  But I know my friends are also aware of my need to have an outlet; furthermore, they're aware of my love of writing.  I've always found a sense of catharsis in writing, much like an artist finds an outlet in painting, or a race car driver finds happiness in the thrill of loud engines insanely flying down the racetrack at ungodly speeds.  I guess this option makes sense, right?

So, here I am.  There's not much to tell about myself.  30 years old.  Simple apartment in a small town, co-inhabited by a lovable, though sometimes obnoxious, cat.  A single man constantly searching for meaning in the chaotic events of life (hence the name of the blog).  I don't know where this blog will go, or if it will have any relevance to the people who choose to read it.  I should warn anyone who doesn't know me that exploring the sarcophagus of my mind can be a confusing adventure.  My thoughts are random, sometimes a single word or sentence, sometimes an almost epic compilation.  If you choose to join me, then you've been cautioned.  :)

Special thanks to the people who made this suggestion.  Just remember...you asked for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment